Tuesday, May 8, 2012

8 More Days and Counting!

I can't believe I have only 8 more days with my kiddos! Boy are they getting "Antsy"! We have been finishing up some end of the year benchmark tests and they are trying so hard to stay focused--But School is almost OVER! 
On another note, I have a funny that happened in my classroom. I have a student that is diabetic and sometimes he wants to eat things that he nor I am sure that he can have, so off he goes to the school nurse. Yesterday he wanted something that we were not sure about, so instead of sending him to the nurse, I called her cell number and gave him the phone to talk to her. It started ringing and I handed him the phone so he would be ready when she answered. He said hello and began to ramble on about why he was calling and how many carbs were in what he wanted to eat and he kept talking, so I thought everything was alright. Well, then he hangs up the phone and tells me that it was the wrong number!! But he talked forever! Evidently the person couldn't get a word in edge wise!! I apologized and dialed the correct number and he had to start the whole conversation over again!! I wish you could have seen his face when he told me it was the wrong number! Priceless!!
Only in my classroom! While I am at it, let me share this one with you! I have a SPED student in my class. The sweetest little boy you will ever meet. One day as we were going to specials we stopped at the bathroom and I told everyone to go quickly. Well, he was still in the bathroom when we started to leave, so I thought he would just catch up with us. Well when he FINALLY did catch up to our line, he said and I quote--"Mrs. Williams, I turned around and "POOF" you were gone! I tried to "sniff" you out with my nose, but I couldn't find you!" How precious is that?!! Maybe I need to change perfumes if people are "sniffing" me out!!


Don't forget the TPT SALE!! Ends at MIDNIGHT!! Check out my store here!! You might find something you like!! 20% off pus an extra 10% with this code TAD12!!


Teresa

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA love to hear other teachers' 'funnies'. I swear we all should write a book... you can't make things up like this!

    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha your students sound so precious! You must be so excited to almost be finished up. When do you start classes? School here is not finished until June 28.

    Miss L
    www.misslwholebrainteaching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss L! We always start school around the 11th or 12th of August and get out around the 18th of May. The only problem with this is here in Georgia it is still very hot in August and we can't stand the heat when we go outside to play. I don't know if I could make it til June 28th!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it very interesting to see how the school year varies around the world! It is really only nice and hot here from July to August so it works perfect to hold our summer holidays during those months and start again in September. Best wishes as you finish up your year!

      Delete